Italy Holidays Offer Exquisite Food, History, and Entertainment
Italy holidays are famous the world over for sublime cuisine, much of the world's most fascinating history and art, and beautiful cities and coastlines. Whether touring the Colosseum and Vatican Museums on a city break to Rome, shopping in Milan, or staying at chic resorts on the Amalfi coast, Italy is a destination that delivers.
Check out our latest holiday deals for Italy!
The Most Popular Destinations for Italy Holidays
- Rome - The capital of Italy and former home of the mighty Roman Empire. Come for history and an endless selection of restaurants and nightlife venues.
- Milan - One of the major fashion capitals of the world, this northern Italian gem is also a great place for food, such as risotto Milanese.
- Naples - Often cited as the best city for a taste of traditional Italy, the hilltop views and charming architecture will enchant any visitor here.
- Amalfi Coast - Stay at one of Europe's most fashionable beach locales, with everything from secluded clifftop accommodations to eye-popping seaside villages.
- Florence - Particularly famous for its concentration of art, such as at the Galleria dell'Accademia di Firenze, which houses Michaelangelo's David.
A Roman Adventure
The Italian capital is a popular spot for families looking to soak up culture, as well as anyone interested in art or looking for a wide range of Italian cuisines. Roman pizza is famously crispy and delicious, and you'll be spoilt for choice when seeking out tasty gelato, too. Highlights include the Colosseum, Vatican City (with the world's biggest Catholic cathedral and a huge complex of museums), Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain, and the Pantheon. The latter is a superbly well-maintained church that was a Roman temple before being converted into a church. As with the other gorgeous churches and cathedrals around town, it's totally free to enter.
The Beauty of Northern Italy
Milan is the largest city of the north, where crowds flock for Fashion Week in September and February, and come year-round for the pretty architecture and sophisticated vibe. Lake Como is a nearby resort town that's a popular spot for celebrity holiday homes in Italy. Venice is an alluring and unique city on the water, where you'll take boats instead of taxis and can visit the magnificent St Mark's Square.
Culture and Cuisine in the South
For many, the south is the best place for taking in the traditional way of life the country is so famous for. Naples is a must-visit destination, and smaller towns such as Paestum, which dates from Ancient Greek times, and the clifftop-perched Tropea, are among the smaller hidden gems to discover. Holidays in Italy can encompass everything from vibrant, busy cities to tranquil escapes among much of Europe's most beautiful scenery. Wherever you choose to ho, the food, atmosphere, and history are sure to enchant you and leave you wanting to see even more of this gorgeous country.