Holidays in Malta: The Best Deals on a Malta Getaway
Chasing the dream of a never-ending summer? You can enjoy that summer feeling all year round in the Maltese islands, where sunny days and balmy evenings are almost always in the cards. While Malta is beautiful in the summer, it also is a great destination to recharge your batteries in the cold and cloudy autumn and winter months. Unlike other popular warm-weather destinations, Malta has the advantage of no seasonal break. That means you can enjoy the islands’ best hotels, restaurants, bars, cafes and clubs in the winter as well as the summer. Not only are all the islands’ amenities available to you throughout the year, but Malta’s calendar is packed with events no matter what season you visit. Whether you’re looking to delve into the intriguing history of this archipelago, plan a hiking trip, go mountain biking or scuba diving, or just stick to trying the local cuisines, Malta has something for everyone.
Check out our best deals to Malta:
The best holiday spots in Malta:
- Sliema: Grab the ferry from Valletta for picturesque views as you make your way over to this town, well-known for its ample shopping opportunities. While you’re visiting, take a dip in the coastal pools carved from the rock, known locally as the Roman baths.
- Manoel Island: From Sliema, head down to Gzira and cross the bridge to this minuscule island, whose top attraction is the impressive Fort Manoel. Wander around for a couple hours to enjoy the 360 coastal views.
- St. Julian's (San Giljan): Beachgoers will rejoice at St. Julians. Where they will have their pick from popular swimming beaches like Balluta Bay and St. George’s Bay. Take note of the impressive neo-Gothic architecture of the Carmelite Church.
- Paceville: This district of St. Julians is best known for its wild nightlife. Book yourself in at one of the area’s quality hotels, like The Westin Drogonara or Hilton Malta, before you try your luck at the Casino Malta or Portomaso Casino.
- Golden Bay: One of the top sandy beaches in Malta, Golden Bay is a must if you need a day of simply lying back and soaking up the sun.
- Naxxar: This town in northern Malta is ideal for families, given the large number of family-friendly attractions it boasts, such as the Mediterranean Marine Park, Splash & Fun Water Park, and Malta National Aquarium.
- Bugibba / St. Paul's Bay: Visit St. Paul’s Island by boat to see where the famed apostle supposedly washed ashore/ Then head inland to walk the harbor and admire the colourful fishing boats.
- Mellieha Bay: As the longest sandy beach in Malta’s popular northern region, it’s no wonder that Mellieha gets plenty of visitors every year. Spend a day or two here for the ultimate beach experience.