"Timeworn but magnificent, dilapidated but dignified," Cuba is "a country of indefinable magic," says Lonely Planet.
Explore the beautiful Caribbean island with this £1299-per-person twin-break we found from Affordable Luxury Travel -- you'll enjoy three nights in the vibrant and busting city of Havana and after that, seven nights relaxing on the beach in Varadero at an all-inclusive resort.
Departures are available in May and June from London at this price but you can travel throughout the year from plenty of airports for a supplement.
Booking info Timeframe: 1. Feb. 2020 - 31. Oct. 2020
Please note -- *Prices are correct at time of publishing, based on the sample dates provided and are subject to fluctuation, depending on availability. Prices are subject to change. Inventory may be limited. Special T&C’s may apply. The above prices do not include city taxes that are payable at the hotels.
- Travel duration: 10 nights
- Example dates: Select dates May-June
- Holiday provided by Affordable Luxury Travel
- Departure from London to Havana - other airports available with a supplement
- 4* Hotel Telegrafo - 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor
- 4* Blau Varadero Hotel - 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor & Certificate of Excellence
- Luggage included - 20kgs
- Board basis – Havana - B&B; Varadero - all-inclusive
- Airport transfers in a classic car plus transfers to Varadero in a standard car
- ATOL protected package
- Based on 2 adults
Please note: UK travellers require a visa to visit Cuba -- for more information, visit the gov.uk website.
Price breakdown for 2 adults sharing:
- Affordable Luxury Travel holiday – £2598 / 2 = £1299* per person
- Solo options available
About your trip:
Your trip will start off in the capital of Cuba, Havana, where you'll stay for three nights at the Hotel Telegrafo. The hotel is centrally-located and well-reviewed.
The hotel is about a 5-minute walk from the famous Bar Floridita, a historic restaurant and bar known for its delicious daiquiris and for being one of Ernest Hemingway's favourite bars.
For a unique way of exploring the city, we would recommend hiring one of the classic car taxis and and taking a drive around.
After your time in Havana, you'll probably be ready for the beach -- after driving along the coast for about two hours, you'll reach Varadero where you'll stay at the Blau Varadero Hotel for seven nights.
The adults-only beachfront resort is the ideal place to rewind and relax for a week before flying home.