Epic Vietnam 11nt holiday £694pp - incl. all flights, full board Ha Long Bay cruise, spa hotels
Vietnam is one of our favourite destinations out there pirates. Beautiful beaches, ancient cultures, delicious cuisine and incredible coffee - what else does a traveller need?! When we spotted an incredible price on open jaw flights to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City we just had to plot a tour of this beautiful dragon-shaped nation.
Book these flights and you'll get 11 nights exploring the scenery and cities of Vietnam, including Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City and the tropical island of Phu Quoc. We've plotted this for May 2017. For flight only options see below.
Booking Info Timeframe: 12. May. 2017 - 24. May. 2017
Birmingham, Manchester, LondonHanoi
HanoiHạ Long Bay
Hạ Long BayHoi An
Hoi AnPhu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc IslandHo Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh CityBirmingham, Manchester, London
Open jaw flights Birmingham - Hanoi, returning Ho Chi Minh - Birmingham:
Hanoi - Da Nang (for Hoi An):
Da Nang - Ho Chi Minh City:
Ho Chi Minh City - Phu Quoc - Ho Chi Minh City:
Total Flights cost = £439pp
- Hanoi Spa Hotel for May 13th-14th:
- Return to same Hanoi Spa Hotel after Ha Long Bay Cruise for May 15th-16th:
- Hoi An hotel for May 16th-18th:
- Ho Chi Minh City for May 18th-19th (Book through TravelRepublic £51):
- Phu Quoc island for May 19th-22nd:
- Ho Chi Minh City for May 22nd-24th:
Hotels total cost = £326 / 2 = £163pp
How to book: This is a DIY holiday. DIY holidays are when you book flights and hotels separately and are required to make payments on different booking sites. You will need to click the green booking buttons above and make individual payments to each of the respective suppliers. If the listed dates or airports don’t suit you, or you want to extend or shorten your stay, just go ahead and tweak the search according to your own preferences! However, this may lead to the price increasing.
Price and Date Details
- Flights from Birmingham £327pp
- The Palmy Hotel & Spa from 13/05-14/05 - £32/2 - £16pp
- Ha Long Bay one night cruise 14/05-15/05 - £159/2 - £79.50pp
- The Palmy Hotel & Spa 15/05-16/05 - £32/2 - £16pp
- Flight Hanoi-Da Nang on 16/05 - £31pp
- Hoian Sincerity Hotel & Spa 16/05-18/05 - £58/2 - £29pp
- Flight Da Nang-Ho Chi Minh City on 18/05 - £29pp
- Harmony Saigon Hotel & Spa 18/05-19/05 - £51/2 - £25.50pp
- Flight Ho Chi Minh City - Phu Quoc 19/05 - £26pp
- Phu Quoc Dragon Resort & Spa 19/05-22/05 - £118/2 - £59pp
- Flight Phu Quoc - Ho Chi Minh City 22/05 - £26pp
- Compass Living Hai Ba Trung 22/05-24/05 - £61/2 - £30.50pp
Price Total - £694.50pp
- Flights: Birmingham - Hanoi returning Ho Chi Minh City - Birmingham
- Flights with Air France/Vietnam Airlines. Short stop in Paris
- Checked in luggage included on international segments / £9 per 15kg on the domestic flights
- All hotels and full board Ha Long Bay cruise included
- N.B. Flight from Birmingham to Hanoi arrives the morning of May 13th. You will likely be able to leave your luggage at the hotel prior to check in. If you'd like a hotel room for the night before, simply begin the reservation May 12th.
Vietnam is a truly awe-inspiring country pirates, and we've tried to pack the main sites in to an 11-night trip. We've gone for very well-rated hotels in each city, even going for the extra indulgence of spa hotels in Hanoi, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City and Phu Quoc. We've added a full board cruise around the natural beauty of Ha Long Bay. The last stop of your trip before flying home from Ho Chi Minh City is the tropical paradise island of Phu Quoc.
Hanoi & Ha Long Bay
Your flight will arrive in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam and a fascinating combination of Sino-Vietnamese motifs and legacies of the colonial French. you'll be staying at the The Palmy Hotel & Spa, right in the heart of the action. Rated 4/5 on TripAdvisor, the spa facilities will be the perfect way to unwind after a long flight.
From Hanoi you'll travel to Ha Long Bay. During your full board two day overnight cruise, you'll take in the natural splendour of thousands of limestone karsts and islets rising out of the emerald green waters. Transfers to and from your Hanoi hotel are also included.
After another night at the spa hotel in Hanoi you'll jet down to Da Nang. Da Nang is just a 30-minute cab ride from the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Hoi An, one of our favourite stops in Vietnam. There you'll stay at the Hoian Sincerity Hotel & Spa, a 4* property rated an incredible 5/5 on TripAdvisor (796 reviews!). Breakfast is included and you'll be just a few minutes' walk from Hoi An Ancient Town and the Chuc Thanh Pagoda - the perfect short trip!
Ho Chi Minh City & Phu Quoc Island
After another short flight from Da Nang you'll be in Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon) - the booming business metropolis of Vietnam. As an extra special pirate treat we're looking at staying at the 4* Harmony Saigon Hotel & Spa, rated 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor. If you can tear yourself away from the spa facilities you'll find yourself in District 1 - slap bang in central Ho Chi Minh City and a 10-minute walk from Ben Thanh Market.
We wanted to end the trip by the beach so included a trip to Phu Quoc - a beautiful island about a 1-hour flight from HCMC. With isolated beaches, delicious food and a laid back style, Phu Quoc is just what we want in a tropical Southeast Asian island. You'll be staying at Phu Quoc Dragon Resort & Spa, rated 4.5/5 at TripAdvisor.
From Phu Quoc you'll fly back to HCMC. After 2 nights at Compass Living Hai Ba Trung (rated 5/5 at TripAdvisor) you'll fly back to the UK. But don't despair pirates, there's a whole country to explore any time you want to return!
Alternative dates and hotels
We've tried to pack in a lot in to this 11-night trip. If you'd like to take a slower pace, consider adjusting the flight and hotel bookings. Or skip one city altogether. The choice is yours! To check out alternatives to suit you head on over to our pirate flight comparison tool or our hotel comparison tool. There's something for everyone in Vietnam so we're sure you will find something that works for you!
Top tipsUntil June 30th 2017 British passport holders do not currently need a visa to visit Vietnam for stays of less than 15 days. You can check the visa requirements for any destination using the same information the airlines use, the TIMATIC database here.
Never Miss A Deal Again!
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest offers direct to your inbox. Be first to know about error fares and the hottest deals by signing up for WhatsApp notifications. Download our app from the App Store or Play Store to view all the latest deals and set up customised deal alerts. You can find out more about our app and its features here!