Kiev is a modern city with a fascinating history, beautiful old architecture and buzzing atmosphere with cool dining/drinking venues aplenty. It is easily one of the most underrated city's in Europe! It is, of course, also in the spotlight due to the recent Sky Atlantic series "Chernobyl" charting the events that unfolded on the historical day in 1986, when the Chernobyl nuclear power plant exploded.
This package includes flights, a central hotel and an interesting, complete guided tour of the eerie Chernobyl site and its surroundings (2 hours outside Kiev) along with lunch! This is a phenomenal price, pirates!
Booking info Timeframe: 15. Nov. 2019 - 30. Jun. 2020
- Flight + Hotel package from Travel Center
- Travel duration: 3 nights (longer or shorter stays possible)
- Example date: 21st – 24th February 2019
- Dates spanning November 2019 - June 2020
- Departure airports: London, Dublin, Manchester
- 3* Tourist Hotel in Kiev
- Rated (3.5/5 TripAdvisor)
- Board basis – Room Only (*add breakfast for £20* per person)
- Day tour of Chernobyl, Pripyat, Power Plant, and Duga
- Entrance fees included
- Lunch during tour included
- Health insurance included
- English speaking guide included
- Hand luggage included
- Based on 2 adults sharing
- ATOL protected holiday
Holiday package from £378 / 2 = £189* per person
- Participants must be at least 18 years old
- Passport is required
- Wear pants, a shirt or long-sleeved t-shirt, and closed-toe comfortable shoes
- Please bring some cash in the local currency to buy water/snacks
- Tour not recommended for pregnant women, passengers with heart complaints or serious medical conditions
About your stay
You'll be staying at the centrally located 3* Tourist Hotel next to Livoberezhna Metro Station in Kiev, about 15-minutes from the Central Station. There are 2 restaurants here (one of which a sushi bar) and you also have many dining and drinking options within walking distance. Your comfortable room comes with your usual satellite TV, refrigerator, and desk.
You can choose if you want to take the Chernobyl tour on the the second or the third day. You will make your way to the Meeting point where you will meet your guide before departing. It takes around 2 hours to get to the main entrance of the zone (check point dytiatky), where you will pass through passport control and begin the tour. Your professional guide will help you explore 35 locations, including Chernobyl, Pripyat, Power Plant and Duga. Lunch is included. The whole tour takes 12 hours, and after you'll arrive back in Kiev.