Visit Lapland in the far north of Sweden where you can experience nature's own fireworks: the Northern Lights. We've put together this excellently priced winter weekend break placing you at 4* Camp Ripan with breakfast included. The hotel offers a spa, first class dining and loads of Arctic activities (including dog sledding, moose safaris and Northern Lights excursions.) So sink back in the outdoor hot-tub in the glistening snow and count the stars above!
Booking info Timeframe: 6. Dec. 2019 - 10. Feb. 2020
- Fly from London - Kiruna (*scroll down to select the better flight times)
More flight examples - adjust hotel search to suit
Dec 06 - Dec 09 Dec 13 - Dec 16 Jan 10 - Jan 10 Jan 17 - Jan 20 Jan 24 - Jan 27 Feb 07 - Feb 10
Please note -- *Prices are correct at time of publishing, based on the sample dates provided and are subject to fluctuation, depending on availability. Inventory may be limited. Special T&C’s may apply.
- Travel duration: 3 nights
- Cheapest date we found: 17th – 20th January 2020
- Dates spanning December 2019 - February 2020
- Flights from London to Kiruna
- 4* Camp Ripan in Kiruna
- Rated (4/5 on TripAdvisor) – Certificate of Excellence
- Board basis – breakfast included
- Based on 2 adults & 2 children sharing
- Full service spa on-site (*subject to fee)
- Loads of activities available (*subject to fee)
- *Other dates and durations possible – adjust search tools according to preference
- Hotel from £413 / 4 = £103.25* per person
- Flights from £868 / 4 = £217* per person
Holiday price for 2 adults & 2 children from £1281 / 4 = £320.25* per person
About your stay
We opted for the award-winning 4* Camp Ripan situated in Kiruna, offering world-class dining, on-site spa facilities including indoor pool, outdoor hot-tub, sauna and several treatments. You will be staying in your own 2-bedroom chalet to the highest hotel standards with a small kitchenette, kettle, microwave and bathroom. Breakfast is included in your stay as well.
From / to airport
A taxi from the airport takes only about 11 minutes and costs about £20 one-way.
There are heaps of cool "Lapland activities" to choose from to keep you and your family busy during your stay, (easily bookable either online in advance on the hotel homepage or on arrival upon check-in). That includes dogsledding, moose and reindeer safaris, Northern Lights tours, snow scooter excursion and lunch at the world famous ICEHOTEL, a day in the life of a native Sami, horse riding and much much more..!
The prices for the spa come in at £26/day for adults and £13/day for children, which includes towel, water, tea and fruit. (Advance bookings are encouraged however, due to space.)
Can't find flights to Kiruna?
If your airport doesn't fly to Kiruna not to worry! You could fly into Stockholm cheaply (with for instance Ryanair or Norwegian.), spend one day exploring the city and then jump on the overnight train to Lapland. Or, grab a short flight in between!