Ahoy mateys! Experience the spellbinding phenomenon of the Northern Lights with this great Norway escape we have put together for you. You will fly in and out of Tromsø, which usually plays host to the aurora borealis between Sep-April, and you will be staying at two excellent waterfront hotels (one of which has been featured in Harper's Bazaar) offering panoramic views, jacuzzis and saunas – all what you would expect from a true Scandinavian break!
Booking info Timeframe: 3. Jan. 2019 - 26. Mar. 2019
- Hotel overview Tromsø: 12th - 13th January 2019
- Hotel overview Mestervik: 13th - 15th January
- Flights overview: 12th - 15th January 2019
We've included some more flight dates - adjust the hotel bookings to suit
Jan 12 - Jan 15 Jan 19 - Jan 22 Feb 02 - Feb 05 Mar 02 - Mar 05 Mar 16 - Mar 19 Mar 23 - Mar 26
Please note -- *Prices are correct at time of publishing, based on the sample dates provided and are subject to fluctuation, depending on availability. Prices are subject to change. Inventory may be limited. Special T&C’s may apply.
How to book: You are required to make payments on different booking sites by clicking the GREEN BOOKING BUTTONS above. It is advisable to book your flights first. Keep the windows open at the same time, to keep an eye on any live price updates! Please be aware that changing the dates/airport may result in a price increase. The prices listed are correct as of the time of posting.
- Travel duration: 3 nights
- Sample dates spanning January - March 2019
- Example date: 13th – 15th January 2019
- Flights from London to Tromsø
- 1 x night Scandic Grand Tromsø (4/5 TripAdvisor) in Tromsø
- 2 x nights 4* Malangen Brygger Resort (4.5/5 TripAdvisor) in Mestervik
- Board basis – Breakfast included
- Based on 2 adults x 2 children sharing
- Not your dates/travel party size? Adjust search according to preference
Price breakdown for 2 adults x 2 children sharing:
- Flights – from £552 / 4 = £133* per person
- Tromsø hotel – from £167 / 4 = £41.75* per person
- Mestervik resort – from £529 / 4 = £132.25* per person
Total cost of holiday £1248 / 4 = £312* per person
About your stay
You will start off your bucket-list escape with a stay in Tromso at Scandic Grand Tromsø placing you in a super convenient location slap bang in the heart of town within walking distance to many of the main attractions, and a great hub for discovering Tromsø. Here you will sleep comfortably in a contemporary room before starting your hunt for the Northern Lights.
The following day you will embark on a scenic hour-long journey to the waterside 4* Malangen Brygger Resort, situated by an icy fjord in Mestervik to the backdrop of snowcapped mountains – a known hot-spot for sighting the Northern Lights. This resort has also caught the eye of Harper's Bazaar, so you know you'll be staying somewhere great.
Here you can unwind in an open-air hot tub before warming up in the glass-fronted sauna. (Pre-booking of the hot-tub is recommended). We opted for a Standard Cottage for that real authentic Scandinavian feel, which comes with stove, dishwasher, coffee machine, fridge/freezer, all necessary kitchen equipment and dining area, while the lounge features comfortable furnishings. Breakfast is included throughout.
Remember pirates, this trip is flexible and if the dates, airport, size of travel party or duration are no good for you then just go ahead and amend the search according to preference.
Getting to Malangen resort