Ahoy mateys! Next up we are sending you to Sri Lanka for a scenic holiday immersed in nature with breathtaking views of the country's most important cultural hotspot: the dramatic Sigiriya Rock Fortress and the Lion Paw entrance.
The iconic, top-rated 4* Aliya Resort & Spa is situated in Sigiriya – in the heart of the old country – and boasts a huge infinity pool from where you can take in the vistas, and there are 4 dining options to choose from. All the cultural sights are a mere 35-minute ride away from your hotel and you can book the cultural excursions directly at the hotel.
Booking info Timeframe: 1. Apr. 2019 - 20. Jun. 2019
- Sample departure 9th May (arrive on the 10th) - 17th May 2019
We chose 7 nights, however this holiday is flexible and you can easily adjust the duration, month, amount of travellers and departure airport. To change holiday details, just click the Book holiday button.
Please note -- *Prices are correct at time of publishing, based on the sample dates provided and are subject to fluctuation, depending on availability. Prices are subject to change. Inventory may be limited. Special T&C’s may apply.
- Travel duration: 7 nights (longer or shorter stays possible)
- Example date: 9th – 17th May 2019 (arrive 10th)
- Flight + Hotel package from Expedia
- Departure airports: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow
- 4* Aliya Resort & Spa in Sagiriya/Sri Lanka
- Rated (4.5/5 TripAdvisor)
- Board basis – Room Only
- Luggage included
- 20% spa discounts
- Based on 2 adults sharing
- Transfers can be arranged by contacting hotel directly in advance
- Not your dates/travel party size? Adjust search according to preference
Price breakdown for 2 adults sharing:
- Expedia package from £1,346 / 2 = £673* per person
About your stay
The 4* Aliya Resort & Spa is a contemporary hotel set in the lush Sigiriya countryside, about 3 hours' drive inland from Colombo airport, where elephants roam free. There are striking views of Sigiriya rock from the hotel’s infinity pool, perfect for relaxing after a day exploring the Cultural Triangle, and you have 4 dining options to choose from here.
Nagula Restaurant (for instance), offers a unique wining and dining experience in a rustic, simple ambiance in the middle of the resort's paddy fields and fruit trees. Here are meals prepared in a traditional village kitchen – in clay pots and on traditional clay stoves, and served in a traditional manner. There's also an Ayurvedic spa in a lovely rural spot, set amidst a collection of thatched mud-hut style buildings, and there a free group yoga lessons if you want to start your morning right.
You'll be staying in a spacious room which is minimal in design and featuring TV, air conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities and a safe.