Sample some of the most delicious food, best beaches and breathtaking temples on earth with this solo trip to Southeast Asia! With open-jaw flights you'll maximise your time: You'll fly into Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and out from Bangkok, Thailand, with further stops in Siem Reap, Cambodia (home of Angkor Wat) and Phuket, Thailand.
Using our Hotels Finder we've added private rooms in each destination, whilst with our Flights Finder we've taken care of all the regional flights. All you need to do is grab a backpack and a guidebook! We've seen lots of availability with the flights, so if the dates don't suit or you'd rather travel with a buddy, you can adjust each search.
Booking Info Timeframe: 11. Nov. 2018 - 19. Dec. 2018
Remember pirates, this is just one idea for an itinerary. There are a million great places to visit out there! If you'd like to change the duration in each place, add/remove stops, change the dates or party size,you can do so in our Hotels Finder and Flights Finder
- Duration: 12 nights (longer stays possible)
- Long Haul Flights: London - Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok - London
- Regional Flights: Ho Chi Minh City - Siem Reap, Siem Reap - Phuket, Phuket - Bangkok
- Checked luggage included on long haul segments
- Luggage prices vary on short haul/regional segments
- 3 nights - Kien Hotel 2, Ho Chi Minh City
- 2 nights - Owl Inn, Siem Reap
- 4 nights - Your Place Inn, Phuket
- 3 nights - The Embassy Sathorn, Bangkok
- Example dates - November 22nd - December 5th, 2018
- British visitors can stay in Vietnam up to 15 days without a visa. See the FCO
- British citizens can obtain a visa on arrival in Cambodia for $30. For more info, see the FCO
- British tourists can remain up to 30 days in Thailand without a visa. See the FCO
- Prices based on 1 traveller
Ho Chi Minh City: In the bustling Vietnamese capital you'll be staying at Kien Hotel 2 (Rated 4/5 on TripAdvisor) in an air conditioned room with free WiFi. You'll be located right in the centre, a short walk from Ben Thanh Market and the Saigon Skydeck
Siem Reap: Siem Reap is the city adjacent to the jaw-dropping Angkor Wat temple complex, and with a stay at Owl Inn (Rated 4/5 on TripAdvisor) you'll be well placed for getting picked up for a trip to the temples. You'll also be just a 5-minute walk from the Old Market and Pub Street.
Phuket: You can't visit Southeast Asia without a bit of beach time pirates! That's why we opted for 4 nights in Phuket, staying at Your Place Inn (Rated 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor). This property is just a 5-minute walk from beautiful Karon Beach and even offers traditional Thai massage on site. Bliss!
Bangkok: Last but not least you'll be enjoying the sights and smells of the cosmopolitan Thai capital. With a stay at The Embassy Sathorn (Rated 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor) you'll be centrally located, close to the green space of Lumphini Park and public transport options (the metro is great in Bangkok!)
Please note -- Prices are correct at time of publishing, based on the sample dates provided and are subject to fluctuation, depending on availability.