Ahoy mateys, distract yourself from the cold, depressing UK winter and try somewhere different for your holiday in 2019?
You can't get much closer to paradise than the Tanzanian island of Zanzibar. Home of wild dolphins, silky soft sandy beaches and the Insta-famous Rock restaurant - this a beautiful location to spend 12 nights - what ever your budget.
We have discovered a selection of accommodations to suit all purse strings, from the cheapy-cheap to the luxurious, with a mid range option thrown in for good measure. So start planning your island escape today!
Booking Info Timeframe: 10. Dec. 2018 - 10. Feb. 2019
Budget from Manchester in May:
- May from £557* per person
- June (11 nights) from £546* per person
- July (11 nights) from £714* per person
Mid range from Manchester in May:
- May from £856* per person
- June (11 nights) from £799* per person
- July (11 nights) from £858* per person
Luxury from Manchester in May:
- May from £1056* per person
- June (11 nights) from £1126* per person
- July (11 nights) from £1483* per person
Please note -- *Prices are correct at time of publishing, based on the sample dates provided and are subject to fluctuation, depending on availability. Prices are subject to change. Inventory may be limited. Special T&C’s may apply.
- Travel duration: 12 nights
- Example date: 13th - 26th May - includes night flight
- Departure from Manchester to Zanzibar - London departures are also available
- 3* Maars Resort - 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- 4* Paradise Beach Resort - 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- 4* DoubleTree Hilton Zanzibar - 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Luggage included - see details as allowance may change with alternate carriers
- Board basis – varies
- Yellow fever certificate required depending on transfer country
- Based on 2 adults
Price breakdown for 2 adults sharing - budget:
- Flights & hotel package – £1100 / 2 = £555* per person
Price breakdown for 2 adults sharing - mid range:
- Flight & hotel package – £1712 / 2 = £856* per person
Price breakdown for 2 adults sharing - luxury:
- Flight & hotel package – £2294 / 2 = £1147* per person
About your stay
Wherever you stay on the island, there is so much to get involved in. From feeding giant tortoises on Prison island, to visiting Freddie Mercury's birth house in the centre of Stone Town, or simply finding a beach to lay upon. Zanzibar has a wealth of culture and nature that will appeal to all travellers.
Basic - Maars Resort
Situated right on the beach on the east coast of the island lies the 3* Maars Resort Chwaka, a collection of beach/ garden bungalows boasting great views.
Location is ideal here as you can choose between a day around the pool or with the sand between your toes. Breakfast is served each morning of your stayPlease note this resort is in a quiet area of the island and you will need to get taxis to visit the sights of Stone Town or to go out on a water safari tour.
Mid range - Paradise Beach Resort
Situated on the beaches of Uroa, close to Chwaka Bay, lies the Paradise Beach Resort. All rooms are decorated with a minimalist touch but with traditional Tanzanian accents - all rooms have ocean views. The resort boasts a large jetty restaurant over the sea. There is an onsite burger and pizza restaurant (extra fee) and breakfast is provided each morning of your stay.
Luxury - DoubleTree Hilton
Located on the northern most point of the island lies this sprawling 4* resort. Weave through the perfectly manicured gardens to reach the outdoor pool, or wander a little further to reach the beach. There are a number of eateries on site including a top notch fish restaurant serving both local and international dishes.
There are a number of activities to choose from - extra fee may apply - including morning yoga sessions and snorkelling.