New HolidayPirates App for iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod) & Android (Smartphones & Tablets) available!
we just released the new version of our Android app. With this update we added the missing features and the Android app closes up to the iOS app.
Both apps are now available in the new design of HolidayPirates.com and have the following features:
- Convenient browsing of the latest deals, or see only the categories you're interested in.
- Never miss an older, but still active deal with the 'Featured' tab.
- Current vouchers for hotels, holiday packages and flights.
- Completely revised travel alerts! Choose the regions that you are interested in, and all matching travel deals will be displayed in an extra stream for your convenience. Optionally, you can also set the budget and timeframe for your trip. You can even set several alerts – €80 euro trip in May, for €400 to America in August or for €700 to Asia in November? No problem, you will get all fitting deals accurately listed. Of course push notifications are also possible, so no excuse to miss a good offer!
Please notice: You only can get push notifications, if you have create at least one travel alert. If you want to get notifications for all of our deals, please create an alert which has all continents turned ON and without any date or price filter.
- Access to your HolidayPirates.com account: Set username, avatar, email or password within the app.
- You can also signup for the newsletter within the app.
For what does the app need the new permissions?
- 'Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage' / 'Read the contents of your USB storage':
This is used for changing your avatar.When you take a photo with the camera, we briefly store it on your device, so we require access to write to storage. Don't worry, we delete those images as soon as the avatar change is successful.When you choose an image from your gallery, we require access to reading what images you have on your device.
- 'Find accounts on the device':
We use this to make it easy to sign up for an account. We type in the email address that you're signed into your device with, so you don't have to type it again.
- 'Control vibration' / 'Prevent phone from sleeping':
Used to alert you to new push messages.
- 'Full network access' / 'Receive data from internet' / 'View network connections':
Used to retrieve the latest posts from the website.