While we can't see our friends and family in person right now, thanks to lots of amazing new websites and apps, at least we can keep in touch digitally!
A couple of the most popular ones at the minute are Zoom and HouseParty so we've put together some tips and tricks to help with your calls, chats, catch ups, parties and pub quizzes!
- Great as allows multiple people to video call all at once
- Zoom allows up to 100 people to be one call at the same time! And for free!
- Toggle the view depending on personal preference -- only like seeing who is talking? Have it on Active Speaker. Like to see everyone? Switch it to Gallery View
- The free version allows calls for up to 40 minutes so watch the clock (you can upgrade and have unlimited calls)
- You can add fun backgrounds behind you although this may be distracting for other users
- If there are loads of people on the call, it's an idea to ask people to mute when they aren't talking as it picks up a lot of ambient noise
- Remember to wear clothes if your camera is on...
Download Zoom HERE
- HouseParty is a little different from Zoom -- you can log on and see which of your friends are also online and jump into their calls
- You get notifications when your friends are 'in the house'
- You can lock your party to stop random people from joining and also to stop 'friends' that you don't actually like joining too
- There are games that you can play with your chums
- You can also totally ghost people so they won't get any notifications when you come online
Download HouseParty HERE