Calling all 90's kids... your prayers have been answered by the cartoon gods.
The MIMARU hotel chain in Japan have kitted out a few of their hotels with Pokemon themed concept rooms for those looking to really immerse themselves in the Japanese culture!
Scattered through out Japan, the hotel rooms are decorated with Pokémon and Pokéball wallpaper and carpeting. As the hotels are split into apartments, you will also find Poke-themed utensils and housewares. But our favourite feature are the HUGE Snorlax plushies - the perfect sleeping buddy - sitting a top Pokeball printed sheets, of course!
These rooms are brand new - only bookable since late December 2019, so if you're planning a getaway to the Far East, then discover your Poke-dreams and book a room at the MIMARU hotel.
The hotel also has a wide variety of other accommodations from the budget friendly studio to the traditional Japanese themed apartments.
Hotels Offering Pokémon Rooms
• MIMARU Tokyo, Ueno East, 4-26-3 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo 110-0015
• MIMARU Tokyo, Hatchobori, 3-8-8 Nihonbashi Kayabacho Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0025
• MIMARU Kyoto, Shinmachi Sanjo, 105 Shinmachi-dori, Sankyo-dori, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-8206
• MIMARU Kyoto Station, 15-1 Higashisanjo, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8004
• MIMARU Kyoto, Kawaramachi Gojo, 17-1 Hiraicho, Nishitakasegawasuji, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8118
Imagery provided by MIMARU Hotels