Monday, 2 October, 2017: At 4am this morning, Monarch Airlines was officially placed into administration and all further flights to and from the UK have been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
Monarch Airlines failed to have its ATOL (Air Travel Organisers Licence) renewed after it expired last night meaning it can no longer operate in the UK.
What does this mean?
- All flights into and out of the UK with Monarch Airlines have been cancelled
- All Monarch customers who are currently abroad will be repatriated by the Civil Aviation Authority over the next 7-14 days at no extra cost and do not need to cut short their stay
- However, 300,000 future bookings have been cancelled
What should I do?
- Anyone currently abroad needing assisting should go to https://monarch.caa.co.uk/ for more information
- Anyone with a future booking should contact the company they booked with for further information and assistance
- If you booked directly with the airline, their tour operator Monarch Holidays (previously Cosmos), Avro or accommodation only provider SomewhereToStay, you should reach out to your credit card company as you may be covered by the Credit Card Consumers Act
Never Miss A Deal Again!
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest offers direct to your inbox. Be first to know about error fares and the hottest deals by signing up for WhatsApp notifications. Download our app from the App Store or Play Store to view all the latest deals and set up customised deal alerts. You can find out more about our app and its features here!