Mateys, we have seen some awesome accommodation in our time and this one has to be one of our favourites. Did you know you can sleep in the Coral Sea on the Great Barrier Reef?
Reefworld is a pontoon moored offshore at Hardy Reef and there are a number of experiences you can enjoy, including a night on-deck or you can go all out and stay in a stunning Reefsuite below deck with stunning views of the Great Barrier Reef.
The experience starts off with a cruise through the Whitsunday Islands to get to Hardy Reef at around 11am, you will then enjoy lunch soon after before having the opportunity to take a helicopter ride, snorkel, dive or a swim.
Later in the evening you could watch a stunning sunset whilst enjoying a starlit long-table dinner on the pontoon’s upper deck before heading down to your room to watch the gorgeous sea life of the coral reef.
The underwater rooms have windows in the walls as well as the floor so you will have great views of the fish and other cool animals that may swim by. You will fall asleep to this stunning view as well as waking up to it too, before enjoying a delicious breakfast.
For your trip, you should bring a small overnight bag with toiletries, change of clothes, swimwear, protective clothing, hat and sunscreen, camera/phone, light jacket or sweater and Cash/credit card for any optional activities you choose to take part in.
- Arrive at your unique accommodation via a scenic cruise through the Whitsundays
- Two underwater rooms available (king double or twin single options)
- Each room features premium bedding, glass-walled en suite and floor-to-ceiling views of the spectacular underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef
- All meals including breakfast, morning and afternoon teas, lunch and dinner
- All beverages including beer and wine (cocktails and spirits at an additional cost)
- Spectacular dining experience under the stars
- Activities at the reef including a private guided snorkelling tour and semi-submarine tour
- Access to the underwater observatory
- Optional activities (own expense): scuba diving
Check it out here!
The Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest coral reef system located in the Coral Sea, off the coast of Queensland, Australia. The reef is approximately 344,400 square kilometres, stretching over 2,300 kilometres and is made up of over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching.