We asked you on our Instagram stories "Where’s the weirdest places you’ve slept?" and boy, did you pirates not disappoint! From rat infested areas, to what sounds rather tranquil… here are our top 10 faves:
1. Top of Mount Sinai, Egypt.
A few of you said that you had slept here. For those of you that don't know, it's a mountain found in Egypt thought to be a holy site in Christianity and Islam. It looks like a beaut so we wouldn’t complain if we had a blanket or two to keep us warm!
2. Riley's Rock lodge, Swaziland
A hidden away lodge in a game reserve... a few of you have slept (together?) here! And wow does it look amazing! Guests can walk the trails, check out the animals and even have an after dinner bushbaby experience!
3. "Closet of a Japanese family homestay... each morning they used to slide a bible verse under the door".
Wow, did you ever come out of the closet?
4. “Shop doorway in Sofia”
No comfy Sof(i)a to sit on pirate?
5. “Hotel lobby… not in the one I was staying in either”
We’ve all been there pirate, next time stay off the Rum!
6. “Fell asleep sitting in a Kayak in Jamaica”
Sounds like something we would do if we had too much of the ol’ pirate juice!
7. "In the Australian outback where I was sleeping in a sleeping bag and there was a rat infestation"
Eeeek I'm a pirate.. get me outta here!
8. "In a shipping container"
Where and how??! We'd LOVE to hear the full story on this!
9. "In the hotel bath because my parents couldn't afford an extra bed"
Hotel hopes and dreams went down the drain for this pirate!
And last but not least... somewhere where we can all relate to ending up at least once:
10. “In a nightclub bathroom”
And there you have it! Got any weirder places... let us know and maybe we'll write a sleep sequel!