Ready to escape the UK and see more of the world? Fancy a summer adventuring around Europe by rail?
Then pirates, we have some grrrrrrreat news - starting from today, the EU will be awarding up to 15,000 FREE travel tickets to 18 year olds from EU member states.
Yep, you heard right. You know that ticket which usually costs around £300? Fill out an application correctly and you could get it for free.
With that coveted ticket, lucky applicants will be able to travel alone or in groups of up to five people for 30 days maximum between July and October, visiting no more than four EU countries.
The tickets will cover the train journeys between the four countries of their choice. Food and accommodation costs will be excluded, but in our experience it's extremely easy to find budget stays across popular locations in the summer for interrailers.
(You could even consult this great travel blog we know!)
Now, the boring bit. Applicants need to meet a number of criterion to be considered:
- You must be 18 years old on 1 July 2018
- have the nationality of one of the 28 Member States of the European Union
- start your journey in one of the EU 28 Member States;
- plan to start your travel between 9 July and 30 September 2018;
- plan to travel between 1 day and 30 days
- plan to travel to up to 4 EU countries
- are willing to become a DiscoverEU Ambassador.
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to us.
Brits, as you know, this is our final summer as members of the European Union - waaaaah! - so it's your last chance to try and bag the opportunity of a lifetime.
Applications open here at 11:00am in the UK. Don't us old pirates wish we were 18 again?!