Mexico Holidays Offer Alluring Beaches and Incredible History
Enjoy your next holiday in Mexico, whether you spend it lounging on the sun-kissed beaches of Cancun and Mazatlan, exploring Aztec history at Teotihuacan and Chichén Itzá, or experiencing the modern cultures of Mexico City and Guadalajara. Mexico brings together the ideal elements for a special family holiday, romantic break at the golden coasts, or the ultimate party trip with friends.
When to Take a Holiday in Mexico
As a vast country, the weather can vary a lot from the deserts of the north to the mountains to the south and all the cities and coasts in between. That said, when it's cold and snowy in Europe in the middle of winter, Mexico still boasts pleasant weather. Mexico City usually enjoys temperatures around 22°C to 25°C in January and February and rising to near 30°C in summer on average. Destinations such as Chichén Itzá usually experience 30-degree weather even in the middle of winter.
Are Holidays in Mexico Safe?
Mexico is in the World Trade Organization's top 10 most visited countries in the world. It's easy to understand why, with a fascinating history, gorgeous natural surroundings, and vibrant entertainment in Mexico's cities and resorts. With the usual common sense you'd employ on any trip, you should have a safe trip in the country. Sticking to the major downtown areas of the big cities, where most of the interesting sights are in any case, will put you in good stead. The major beach resorts are very accommodating for visitors, and the vast majority of travellers have no issues at all.
What Are the Best Cities and Beach Locations in Mexico?
- Mexico City - The enormous capital is perfect for museum tours, nightlife, and admiring the colonial architecture.
- Guadalajara - The home of many aspects of famous Mexican culture, from tequila to mariachi music.
- Monterrey - Get amazing views across the city and mountains in its Garden District.
- Tijuana - Close to the US border, just a half-hour from San Diego, California, by car. You'll get a feel for the mixed Mexican and American culture here.
- Cancun - The ultimate Mexican beach resort, with splendid beaches and nightlife.
- Cabo San Lucas - Experience a tranquil escape as you dive beneath the waves and admire the gorgeous local rock formations.
An Overview of Some Top Sights Around Mexico
- Mexico City Historic Centre - Features magnificent structures including the Metropolitan Cathedral.
- Pyramid of the Sun - A pre-Aztec wonder.
- Copper Canyon - See the beautiful wilds of Mexico on horseback or with adventurous hikes.
- Chichén Itzá - A world-famous Mayan pyramid built in the region's signature step style, distinct from the smooth edges of Egyptian pyramids.
- Sistema Dos Ojos - The ultimate cave diving experience, with naturally-formed snorkelling caverns.
- Pico de Orizaba - The country's highest mountain, perfect for seasoned climbers.