Stunning staycation spots for a UK honeymoon
Staycations are where it’s at right now and there are many reasons why you should consider this option as a way to holiday. The best thing about a mini-moon or honeymoon staycation here in the UK is the element of choice and flexibility. You can choose everything from trip duration and party size to type of accommodation — with a wide range of luxurious spas, cozy countryside cottages, glorious lakeside lodges, and quirky glamping abodes with private hot-tubs on offer across the country — along with your preferred method of transportation. And all this is available without having to break the bank (although there's no shame in splashing out!). You'll have even more to spend without having to take into consideration long-haul flights and luggage fees.
What's more, a lot of hotels offer honeymoon packages with nice additional extras to make your stay even more memorable, like rose-petals strewn across the floor, chocolates on your pillows, or a bottle of bubbly waiting for you on arrival. All you have to do is take your pick from one of the awesome destinations in the UK in order to make the memory of a lifetime.
Check out some of our top picks for a honeymoon staycation!
Why choose a honeymoon staycation?
You don’t have to travel far to have a magical honeymoon. More and more people are choosing to spend their honeymoon in the UK to save money and enjoy the natural beauty of destinations closer to home.
Adventurous couples will enjoy a week in one of the cozy bed and breakfasts of the Lake District, where you can spend your days hiking, swimming, and mountain climbing and your evenings relaxing with home-cooked meals and cold pints.
Those craving a little sun and sea can head to Cornwall or Devon, where you can take your pick between colourful coastal towns and wide, sandy beaches.
Cotswolds in all its rural splendour is home to some of the most beautiful, “quintessentially English” villages in all of the U.K. — cobbled streets lined with farmers markets, pretty medieval churches and rolling green hills dotted with sheep as far as the eye can see. And the list goes on and on.
No matter what kind of honeymoon you’re looking for, we’ve picked some of the best deals across the country to make it a trip to remember.
Here are 8 reasons why a staycation is a great idea:
- Accommodation types: There are many choices, including hotels, apartments, B&Bs, glamping pods, lodges and even tree houses and hobbit houses.
- Choice of amenities: You can choose places with hot tubs, pools, barbecues, outdoor space, self catering & much more.
- Pick your duration: You can choose a 1 night stay or a much longer getaway. No matter if it's a last minute holiday or planned far in advance.
- Many party sizes: Depending on your accommodation you can travel solo, as a couple or with a larger group.
- Types of destination: The U.K. is brimming with great places: choose a city trip, seaside break, historic getaway, or something a little different—the list is endless
- Price: You can grab a bargain getaway at a cheap price or choose a higher-priced luxury stay if you prefer to treat yourself.
- No luggage restrictions: As you won’t be travelling by plane you can take as much or as little luggage as you please.
- Take your pet: Many accommodations in the U.K. allow you to take your four-legged friend along with you, which means no kennel fees—and you get to make memories with the whole family.